If your favorite breakfast food is scrambled eggs and you’re working to eat more plant-strong meals, here’s your new favorite breakfast.
This tofu scramble recipe is excellent eaten straight up, on the side of home fries, or wrapped in a warm whole wheat tortilla. It’s a good thing this recipe is quick to fix, because it doesn’t take long for my family to finish it off. I’ve taken to doubling the recipe, so the kids can make their own hot breakfast on busy mornings.
Breakfast Tofu Scramble
By February 6, 2013Published:
- Yield: 8 Servings
- Prep: 5 mins
- Cook: 15 mins
- Ready In: 20 mins
If your favorite breakfast food is scrambled eggs and you're working to eat more plant-strong meals, here's your new favorite …
- 2 14-oz packages extra firm tofu drained
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast flakes
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons roasted garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 F. degrees. Ever so lightly oil a large baking sheet.
- Crumble tofu into a large bowl. Add all the remaining ingredients and give them a good toss.
- Transfer seasoned tofu to baking sheet.
Bake 10 minutes. Stir. Bake another 10 minutes.
- Allow leftover scrambled tofu to cool completely before storing in the fridge. Will keep well for up to one week.
- Reheat leftovers with low heat in the microwave, skillet, or oven.
- Course: Breakfast