Talk about a fast & nutritious lunch, this spicy sweet potato wrap will fill you up and have you on your way. I’ve had it for breakfast and lunch, it hits the spot anytime of the day. Of course, to make this a super fast meal, it helps to have a few cooked sweet potatoes on hand.
When shopping for sweet potatoes, pick small tubers that will cook up quickly in the microwave. One tuber with a 2-inch diameter and 6-7 inches long will cook tender in the microwave on high power in 5 to 8 minutes. Go ahead and cook up 2 to 3 at a time. BE SURE TO MAKE 2 TO 3 KNIFE CUTS in the tuber to help release steam while it cooks. Allow them to cool. Then store them in the fridge until you’re ready to eat them. Peeling the skin is easier once they are cooled, too.
Spicy Sweet Potato Wrap
By February 8, 2013Published:
- Yield: 2 wraps (1 Servings)
- Prep: 5 mins
- Cook: 10 mins
- Ready In: 15 mins
Talk about a fast & nutritious lunch, this spicy sweet potato wrap will fill you up and have you on your way. I've had it …
- 2 whole wheat tortillas
- 1 cup sweet potato cooked and mashed
- 1/2 cup sprouts alfalfa or mixed
- 4 cherry tomatoes chopped
- 1 green onion chopped
- pinch salt
- dash ancho chili powder
- Fill each tortilla with 1/2 cup cooked, mashed sweet potato.
- Top with sprouts, cherry tomatoes, green onion. Season with salt and Ancho chili powder.
- Roll up tortilla like a burrito, closing up one end to keep ingredients inside the tortilla.