As some of you already know, Friday night is movie and a pizza night for my family. It’s one of our favorite nights we spend as a family. The kiddos always want their ham with extra cheese, while Chaz and I like to change it up a bit each week. This week’s chicken and spinach pizza recipe is our new favorite combination!
HERE’S ALL YOU NEED
- 1 package ready made pizza crust
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup seasoned tomato sauce
- 1/3 package (10oz) frozen whole leaf spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 cooked chicken breasts, sliced
- 2-3 green onions, chopped
- 10 grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 oz. Romano cheese, thinly sliced
- 1 cup Mozzarella cheese, grated
- salt and pepper
Salad for two
- 1 container of organic baby lettuce
- 6-8 grape tomatoes
- 1 small carrot, sliced
- 1 green onion, chopped
- a few slices Roman cheese
- 1-2 tablespoons Briannas New American Dressing (creamy balsamic vinaigrette)
Preheat oven with pizza stone to 425ºF degrees.
Go ahead, wash and prep individual salads, then set aside.
To build the pizza:
- Drizzle 2-3 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil on crust, lightly coat all the crust evenly with fingers, then sprinkle with pepper.
- Spread around tomato sauce, don’t feel like you have to coat the whole crust, just here and there.
- Layer on spinach, chicken, tomatoes, onions. Sprinkle on salt and pepper, being sure to hit the spinach and tomatoes with salt.
- Lay on slices of Romano on chicken, and spread Mozzarella all over.
- Bake on pizza stone 7-9 minutes. Allow to cool a couple of minutes before serving.
ENJOY THIS ON YOUR NEXT PIZZA NIGHT!
Also, be sure to try the Ham and Spinach Pizza recipe.