What do you do when life gives you a bowl of leftover blanched broccoli? You make leftover broccoli soup!
HERE'S ALL IT TAKES
makes 2 servings
- 1 small yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 3 cups blanched broccoli, chopped
- 1 heaping teaspoon Mrs. Dash salt substitute
- 1 cup hot vegetable broth
- 1 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk (I like soy.)
In a medium sauce pan over medium heat, cook onion is just enough water to cover the bottom of the pan, until tender.
Add chopped broccoli, salt substitute, vegetable broth, and non-dairy milk. Bring to a low simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
Use an immersion blender or drink blender to puree until semi-smooth. Serve hot with your favorite crackers.
What's your favorite leftover vegetable that makes a good quick soup recipe?