You may be saying to me from the other of your monitor, "How could something SO simple be that good?" Well, I'm telling you from this side of an empty plate that this is my favorite vegan Sloppy Joe recipe EVER. My son really digs sloppy joes and he's thrilled to know that going vegetarian didn't mean he had to give up his favorite sandwich in the world.
Go to COOKING BROWN LENTILS FOR MAKE AHEAD MEALS to get the recipe for cooking up a large batch of brown lentils to make 4 meals that serves 4 folks.
Sloppy Lentil Joes
By January 5, 2013Published:
- Yield: 3 cups (6 Servings)
- Prep: 5 mins
- Cook: 10 mins
- Ready In: 15 mins
You may be saying to me from the other of your monitor, "How could something SO simple be that good?" Well, I'm telling you from …
- 3 cups brown lentils cooked
- 1/2 cup organic ketchup
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- Stir lentils, ketchup and worcestershire sauce together in a medium pan over medium heat.
- Simmer for 10 minutes until mixture become thick.
- Fill toasted buns with 1/2 cup sloppy lentils. Serve hot with your sloppy sides.