I totally recommend this roasted red pepper sauce recipe to everyone that does NOT care for traditional tomato pasta sauce recipes. As an added bonus, traditional tomato sauce lovers will dig right in to the smoky sweet flavor that clings to their favorite healthy pasta. The first time I made this sauce, I served it with brown rice pasta. It works very well over whole wheat pasta, too.
Brown Rice Pasta in Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
By February 8, 2013Published:
- Yield: 4 cups (6-8 Servings)
- Prep: 8 mins
- Cook: 15 mins
- Ready In: 23 mins
I totally recommend this roasted red pepper sauce recipe to everyone that does NOT care for traditional tomato pasta sauce …
- 1 pound dried pasta
- 1 small yellow onion chopped
- 3 garlic clove chopped
- 3 cups roasted red bell peppers drained
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup unsweetened nondairy milk
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Cook pasta according to directions on the package.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat until hot. Add onion. Cook 5 minutes or until beginning to brown and stick to the skillet.
- Stir in garlic and 1/4 cup water. Cook until water has evaporated. Remove from heat.
- In a blender, puree roasted red bell peppers and walnuts. Add cooked onion, garlic, and nondairy milk. Blend until sauce is smooth.
- Transfer sauce back to skillet to reheat. Stir in parsley. Season with pepper. Remove from heat.
- In a large serving bowl, lay in drained pasta and pour roasted red bell pepper sauce over the top. Garnish with whole parsley leaves.
- Round out the meal with a hardy green salad.
- Course: Main Dish