Fluffy Apple Pancakes
By February 15, 2013Published:
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Prep: 8 mins
- Cook: 15 mins
- Ready In: 23 mins
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cup unsweetened nondairy milk
- 1 1/4 tablespoon white distilled vinegar
- 1/4 cup natural applesauce
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 6 tablespoons water
- 2 medium red apples peeled, seeded, and grated
- Heat griddle over medium heat.
- Blend flour, baking powder, and cinnamon together in medium bowl. Set aside.
- Whisk applesauce, ground flaxseed and water in small bowl. Set aside.
- Grate apples.
- Whisk wet ingredients into dry ingredients, then stir in grated apple.
- Lightly coat griddle with oil to keep pancakes from sticking.
- Pour 1/4 cup batter on griddle. Cook each side for 3 minutes. Transfer pancakes to cooling rack, while you cook remaining batter.
- Course: Breakfast