This is my first non-dairy chocolate pudding made with silken tofu. I LOVE IT!!! The dark chocolate and sweet dates completely mask any evidence that tofu resides in this recipe. The chia seeds, however, do lend their mild earthy flavor. So, if you don't care for chia seeds, cut the quality in half or omit altogether. I used them, mainly, to thicken the pudding during the chilling process, and to give my dessert a healthy Omega-3 boost.
Let me know what you think!
Non-dairy Chocolate Pudding
By May 1, 2013Published:
- Yield: 4 cups
This is my first non-dairy chocolate pudding made with silken tofu. I LOVE IT!!! The dark chocolate and sweet dates completely …
- 1 pint silken tofu drained
- 6 soft, moist pitted dates
- 1/3 cup filtered water
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 to 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup (optional)
- In a heavy-duty blender, add pitted dates and water. Blend on high speed until liquified.
- Add chia seeds, cocoa powder, and drained tofu. Blend on high speed until smooth with no sign of chia seeds.
- Taste for sweetness. If you like your pudding sweeter, blend in pure maple syrup.
- Transfer for serving dish. Chill for at least one hour before serving.