Baked Apple Oatmeal is my family's latest breakfast and snack obsession. We cannot keep ourselves away from it. The original recipe, Baked Oatmeal, made with blueberries, can be found in Dr. Neal Barnard's newest book, Power Foods for the Brain. I've made this recipe a few different ways and learned that I cannot go wrong no matter what, even if I forget the aluminum-free baking powder and salt.
Watch my cookbook review video to learn about Dr. Barnard's book and more about this recipe. Stay tuned until the very end of this video. Something happens that will cause you to jump out of your seat.
Baked Apple Oatmeal
By May 15, 2013Published:
- Yield: 4 to 6 Servings
- Prep: 8 mins
- Cook: 30 mins
- Ready In: 38 mins
Baked Apple Oatmeal is my family's latest breakfast and snack obsession. We cannot keep ourselves away from it. The original …
- 1 medium apple peeled and finely chopped
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes (optional)
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons aluminum-free baking powder
- 2 1/4 cup unsweetened nondairy milk
- Preheat oven to 350ºF degrees. Lightly grease 8x8 inch pan.
- In a large bowl, stir together all the ingredients.
- Bake 30 minutes. Allow to cool 5 minutes before serving. The top will look shiny and wet, but pay no mind. It's cooked all the way through.
- Can be served as bars, or serve in individual bowls and pour cold nondairy milk on top.