Spicy Hodgepodge Dinner
By June 5, 2013Published:
- Yield: 8 Servings
- Prep: 5 mins
- Cook: 20 mins
- Ready In: 25 mins
- 1 12 ounce package brown rice pasta
- 1 14.5 ounce can black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 14.5 ounce can golden hominy rinsed and drained
- 1 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes with chipotle peppers
- 1 14.5 ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 package Gardein chick'n scallopini slightly thawed
- 2 to 3 cups frozen spinach
- 1 1/2 cups frozen yellow corn
- 2 teaspoons New Mexico chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 to 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast flakes
- Rinse and drain black beans and hominy. Set aside.
- Fill a 5-quart pot two-thirds full. Bring to a boil. Add brown rice pasta. Cook 15 to 17 minutes. Drain. Meanwhile...
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cut chick'n scallopini into bite size pieces. Add to hot skillet. Cook until lightly golden.
- Add diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, black beans, hominy, spinach, corn, chili powder, cumin and nutritional yeast. Stir well. Cook on a low simmer until pasta is finished cooking and drained.
- Add drained pasta to large skillet. Stir pasta into other vegetables.
- You're ready to serve dinner!