Last week, I was playing around with a tofu mayonnaise recipe and it naturally led me to making this pasta salad. As I was trying to work through my cravings and what makes a good simple pasta salad recipe, I was reminded fresh herbs make all the difference. In this case, fresh parsley is the ticket.
Veggie Pasta v1
By July 16, 2013Published:
- Yield: 6 Servings
- Prep: 8 mins
- Cook: 10 mins
- Ready In: 18 mins
Last week, I was playing around with a tofu mayonnaise recipe and it naturally led me to making this pasta salad. As I was …
- 2 cups dried pasta (macaroni, shell, ditalini)
- 1 14.5-ounce canned Northern Beans rinsed & drained
- 1 1/2 cups frozen yellow corn thawed
- 3 celery stalks finely diced
- 1 medium carrot finely diced
- 1 small yellow onion finely diced
- 1 cup red cabbage finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups tofu mayo (see link above recipe)
- 2 tablespoon nutritional yeast flakes
- 4 tablespoon fresh parsley finely chopped
- 4 -6 drops hickory liquid smoke
- Fill a 5.5-qt soup pot 2/3 full with water. Bring to a boil. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain. Set aside.
- In a colander, rinsed Northern beans and warm up the frozen corn at the same time. Set aside to drain.
- In a large salad bowl, toss pasta, beans, corn, celery, carrot, onion, and cabbage together.
- Add tofu mayo, nutritional yeast, parsley, and liquid smoke. Taste for salt. Season with black pepper.