May I present to you for your eating pleasure, your next food addiction, APRICOT BREAD.
Moist & Chunky Apricot Bread
By July 22, 2013Published:
- Yield: 14 bars Servings
- Prep: 8 mins
- Cook: 30 mins
- Ready In: 38 mins
May I present to you for your eating pleasure, your next food addiction, APRICOT BREAD. You're welcome!
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons Vietnamese Cinnamon
- 1 cup mashed bananas
- 1 cup natural applesauce
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 cup dried apricots chopped
- 1 cup walnuts finely chopped
- 1/2 cup carrot shredded
- Heat oven to 350ºF degrees. Lightly oil 7 by 9-inch glass dish, or something close to those dimensions.
- In a large mixing bowl, sift flour, sugar, b.powder and cinnamon together.
- Add in mashed banana, applesauce, coconut, apricots, walnuts, and shredded carrot. Stir until the dry ingredients have been moistened.
- Transfer batter to the prepared dish, and gently press into dish to make batter even.
- Bake 30 minutes. Allow to cool in dish 5 minutes. Run knife around the edge and turn out onto cooling rack to continue cooling. Good to cut after 15 minutes of cooling on rack.
- Store remaining bread in container in the fridge. (It's absolutely addictive when it's cold.)