It's been a long time since we've eaten cabbage & sausage for dinner. Thank goodness for vegan sausage to zap the craving. This dinner is perfect for busy nights.No exact measurements, just chop, chop, drop in the pot and stir till tender.
Cabbage Mushroom and VegSausage Dinner
By July 26, 2013Published:
- Yield: 4 to 6 Servings
It's been a long time since we've eaten cabbage & sausage for dinner. Thank goodness for vegan sausage to zap the craving. This …
- 1 medium yellow onion chopped
- 2 cups white button mushrooms sliced
- 1 small head Napa cabbage shredded
- 4 links Field Roast Vegan Sausage chopped, Italian, Chipotle or both
- In a 5.5-qt. pot over medium-high heat, heat 1/2 cup water. Add on onion and cook until it begins to soften.
- Add mushrooms. Continue to cook until onions are translucent. Keep stirring to prevent burning. Add a splash of water if the pot becomes dry.
- Toss in cabbage and chopped sausage. Cover with lid and reduce heat to medium. Cook for 5 to 8 minutes, until cabbage wilts and becomes tender.
- Serve with hot, whole wheat rolls.