Have you tried vegan "Hot Wings" made with cauliflower? It's all the rage on the plant-based inter web. ;D This is a pretty simple recipe to follow. I highly recommended getting fancy with spices to satisfy your hot wang craving.
For my visual aid learners, watch the video to see how I put this recipe together and get the inside scoop on what my husband and son thought of these Cauliflower Hot Wangs.
Cauliflower Hot Wangs
By December 3, 2014Published:
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 15 mins
- Ready In: 30 mins
Have you tried vegan "Hot Wings" made with cauliflower? It's all the rage on the plant-based inter web. ;D This is a pretty simple …
- 1 small head cauliflower
- 1/2 cup plain unsweet soymilk
- 1/2 cup flour like rice or chickpea flour
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 teaspoon onion granules
- 1 teaspoon roasted garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven 450ºF
Line baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone mat.
- Cut cauliflower into bite-size florets and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk milk, flour, nutritional yeast, onion and garlic powder, cayenne pepper and salt. Batter should have the consistency of pancake batter.
- Add all the florets to the batter and toss to get them well coated. With your clean hands, place the larger florets around the edge of the baking sheet and the smaller florets in the center for even baking.
- Bake 15 minutes until golden and fork-tender.
- Once florets are finished baking, toss with hot sauce in a huge bowl and serve!
Have you favorite Vegan Buttermilk Dressing ready for dipping.