I'll be right up front with you about this recipe that I found at https://www.village-bakery.com website. It's really my trusty old banana bread recipe baked with a handful of rolled oats, Texas pecans and without any added oils or margarine. And there's no eggs.
In case you're just tuning into this website, I've been talking about recipes online for seven years. Three years ago, I made the life decision to give up all meat, animal dairy, eggs and stopped cooking with oils. FANTASTIC life choice. If you go back far enough on this website you'll run into my pre-life change recipes. What's important is what I'm serving up today. Let me know when you bake off this Jillicious Banana Oat Bread. And if you add anything different, I want to hear about that too. I could talk cooking all day long.
Banana Oat Bread
By December 9, 2014Published:
- Yield: 1 loaf
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 50 mins
- Ready In: 60 mins
I'll be right up front with you about this recipe that I found at https://www.village-bakery.com website. It's really my trusty …
- 2 large bananas enough to make 1 1/2 cups
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 2/3 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 3/4 cup evaporated cane juice sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon aluminum-free baking powder
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350ºF degrees. Use a silicone loaf pan for complete oil free baking. If you don't have silicone, then ever so lightly oil the bottom of a 8-inch by 4-inch loaf pan.
- In a small bowl, blend bananas, ground flaxseed, and water with a hand blender until smooth. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, baking powder. Stir in rolled oats and pecans.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry. Stir until all the flour has been absorbed. Transfer batter to loaf pan.
- Bake 50-55 minutes, until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean; cool 5 minutes. Remove from pan. Cool completely before slicing.
- Wrap leftovers and store in refrigerator. Good for up to 1 week. (You and I know it won't last that long.)