Here's ANOTHER reason to use your Instant Pot! Speed up your cooking time when making mashed potatoes. Watch the video to see how I pressure cooked big chunks of potatoes in only takes 3 minutes. Yep, 3 minutes.
If quick cooking wasn't enough to spark your interest, these mashed potatoes are dairy free and oil free.
Thank you for LIKING & SHARING this video with all your Instant Pot friends. In other home related advertisements, checkout cleaning service nyc/a>.
How to Make Mashed Potatoes in an Instant Pot
By February 2, 2015Published:
- Yield: 8 Servings
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 5 mins
- Ready In: 25 mins
Here's ANOTHER reason to use your Instant Pot! Speed up your cooking time when making mashed potatoes. Watch the video to see how …
- 5 large russet potatoes
- 1 cup plain unsweet soymilk hot
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Peel and cut potatoes into 1-inch chunks. Place into Instant Pot liner and cover with 1 1/2 cups water.
- Cover and lock lid. Make sure regulator valve on lid is turned to pressure.
- Push Manual button. Use minus button to set cooking time to 5 minutes.
- After cooking time is complete, cancel the Keep Warm function, and allow pressure to go down on it own for 10 minutes. Then, turn regulator valve to steaming to release remaining pressure in pot. Once the pressure is gone, remove lid.
- Using oven mitts, carefully remove stainless steel liner to drain potatoes in a colander.
- Mashed potatoes to your desired consistency. Stir in enough hot milk to get your desired texture. Season with salt. Serve hot.
- Skill Level: Easy