This is the kind of food I could eat EVERYDAY and never grow bored. I like this black bean taco recipe for its fresh and smoky flavors and that little kick of heat in each bite. AND, AND, there's barely any cooking involved. It's just mix, mix, mix, set aside, warm, fill, and CHOW DOWN.
HERE'S ALL IT TAKES
Spicy, creamy dressing
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons sour cream, or plain yogurt
- 2 teaspoons chopped chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
Mix mayonnaise, sour cream, and chipotle peppers in a small bowl and set aside.
- 1 ripe avocado, seeded and flesh cut into cubes
- 2 to 3 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 to 3 tablespoons cilantro, finely chopped
- dash of lime juice
- salt and fresh pepper to taste
Toss cubed avocado with onions, cilantro, lime juice and spices in another small bowl and set aside.
Smokey Black Bean Filling
- 1 (16-ounce) can black beans, drained
- 3/4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro,finely chopped
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon mild chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- Salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 4 6-inch corn or flour tortillas
Combine black beans, onion, cilantro, garlic, chili powder, cumin and lime juice in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Slightly mash the beans while stirring, until all ingredients come together and the mixture seems to hold together.
Heat tortillas on a hot griddle until their soft on one side, crispy on the other. Fill hot tortillas, soft side up, with smokey bean filling, drizzle on spicy, creamy dressing, then finally top with guacamole.
No need to serve a side, everything you need for a healthy, satisfying meal is wrapped up the tortillas.