With a name like Peasant Soup, this recipe has got to be simple to cook. Right? Right!
This chunky, broth soup is light and filling all at the same time. I've never eaten such a flavorful soup made with so many budget friendly ingredients.
HERE'S ALL IT TAKES
makes about 6 servings
- 2 to 3 small carrots, diced
- 1 small turnip, diced
- 1 small leek, sliced
- 2 small celery stalks, diced
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 cup green cabbage, shredded
- 1 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 1/2 quarts vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 cups potatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup sharp vegan cheese, grated
Wash and prep all the vegetables. Be sure to dice and slice the vegetables the same size for even cooking.
Water sauce all the vegetables except the potatoes. Season with salt and pepper. Simmer for about 5 minutes until tender.
Add soup stock and bring to a boil; add potatoes; boil gently about 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
Add vegan cheese to individual bowls just before serving. And be sure to come back and tell me what you thought of this recipe. ;D