This tangy quinoa salad could be prepared as a light meal for 3 or a side for 6. It's fresh and colorful and perfect for potluck occasions, too. What really makes the salad rock is the use of fresh picked tomatoes and fresh squeezed lemon juice. I've made other quinoa salad recipes with lemon juice from concentrate, but it doesn't have the same "Wow! That's good!" punch. Stick with all fresh ingredients for this recipe and you'll be quite happy with it.
HERE'S ALL IT TAKES
- 1 1/2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chickpeas
- 1 1/4 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 1 small purple onion (2/3 cup), finely chopped
- 2 beefy red tomatoes or 3 cups grape tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 cup yellow pear tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup cucumber, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/3 cup salad oil or olive oil
- 1 teaspoon table salt
Toss all the ingredients together in a large bowl, transfer to a serving dish. Can be eaten right away or chilled.