HERE'S ALL IT TAKES
Serves 4 to 6
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked long-grain rice
- 2 3/4 cups water
- 1 roasted red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon oil packed sun-dried tomato, chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 3 tablespoons black olives, chopped
- 3 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
Heat oven to 400ºF degrees.
In a casserole dish, combine the rice and water. Cover and bring to a boil over high heat. Stir in the bell pepper, sun-dried tomatoes, green onions, and garlic. Cover tightly and place in the oven.
Bake 15 minutes, until the rice is tender and the liquid has been absorbed.
Fluff the rice with a fork. Stir in the feta cheese, olives, parsley, and salt and pepper to taste. Dry the pot lid. Drape a tea towel over the rice. Cover with the dried lid and let stand for 5 minutes before serving.