This low fat salad recipe is very good because all the ingredients are fresh. It's a very mild salad that's packed with all the nutritional winners, fiber, protein, vitamins. Toss in a little cooked quinoa or whole wheat orzo pasta and you've got lunch.
HERE'S ALL IT TAKES
- 1 (15-ounce) can cooked Great Northern Beans or navy, drained
- 1 large orange, peeled and diced
- 1/2 green bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons salad oil
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
In a medium size bowl, toss together the drained beans, chopped orange, bell pepper, onions and parsley.
Drizzle the salad with the salad oil, vinegar, sugar and mustard. Give it one last good toss. Allow to stand for 2o minutes, or overnight. (It's very good after it's spent the night in the icebox.)