I love to serve up hummus for my garlic-lovin-friends when they come over on Friday night. We sit around the table breaking apart homemade flatbread, swigging on fermented refreshments, and listening to timeless dance beats. A stopover with snacks turns into an evening of grilling and dancing with good friends.
Roasted Garlic Hummus
By January 3, 2008Published:
- Yield: 2 cups (4 Servings)
- Prep: 8 mins
If you’ve never made hummus, this is an excellent recipe. It’s definitely milder than hummus made with fresh garlic.
- 1 bulb roasted garlic
- 15 ounces chickpeas cooked & drained
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice freshly juiced if possible
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- Squeeze roasted garlic cloves into a food processor. Add chickpeas, lemon juice, and tehina.
- Process until coarsely pureed. If the consistency seems too thick, add a little water or lemon juice.
- Serve with pita wedges, crackers, carrots, or use a sandwich spread.
- Skill Level: Easy