Hummus recipes come in all shapes and sizes. I whip this one up when I have hungry company sitting around the table.
HERE'S ALL IT TAKES
- 1 can (15 ounce) chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 to 3 tablespoons tehina (sesame seed paste)
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- extra virgin olive oil
- black pepper to taste
- pita bread wedges, crackers or raw vegetables for dipping
Drain chick peas, reserving 1/3 cup liquid. Place peas, reserved liquid, lemon juice, tehina, and garlic in a food processor. Cover and blend on high speed, stopping processor occasionally to scape sides if necessary, until uniform consistency.
Spoon dip into serving dish. Drizzle olive oil on top and season with fresh ground peppercorns. Serve with pita bread, crackers or raw vegetables.