Ok, I know I've already done a recipe with chickpeas this week. But come ON! Who eats something different every night of the week? that lives on a reasonable budget? that hates to throw out good food?
I'm calling this recipe "vegetable medley", because it's better than "leftover vegetables from the frig that need to be cooked before they go bad."
There wasn't really enough of it to make into a dinner for two, but it made a robust lunch for one.
HERE'S WHAT I DID FOR LUNCH
- 1/2 onion, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, quartered
- 1/3 red bell pepper, roughly chopped
- 4 large white mushrooms, slices
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 1/2 cups frozen spinach, thawed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- salt & pepper
- 1 cup chickpeas, cooked
- Parmesan cheese, shredded
Cook onion, garlic, bell pepper, and mushrooms, pinch of salt & pepper, in oil over medium heat until softened. Lay spinach on top, sprinkle with a pinch of salt & pepper, add oregano and parsley. Cook for 5 minutes. Stir in chickpeas and cook until warmed through. Remove from heat.
Top with Parmesan cheese and CHOW DOWN!