If you've never eaten this salsa before, I know what you're thinking. I thought the same thing. "This is some weird foodie recipe."
It's not at all. I got this delicious, simple recipe from my good friend, Kim. She's a Nutritionist and a VERY good cook.
It turns out that jalapeño peach salsa is highly addictive. It's very hard to stop eating once you get started. It begins to rock after an hour of refrigeration. It's unstoppable the next day.
The soft sweet mix of the peaches and tomatoes (canned tomatoes are the best for this recipe) together with the cilantro and green heat of the fresh jalapeños dripping with the garlicky lime juice and sitting on the salty crunch of the tortilla chip...
HERE'S ALL IT TAKES
- 2 cups fresh peaches or 1 (15oz.) can peaches, drained
- 2 cups fresh tomatoes or 1 (15 oz.) can petite diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/4 cup yellow onion, finely chopped
- 3 to 4 small jalapeños, finely chopped
- 2 to 3 tablespoons cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed or minced
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
In a large bowl, dice peaches into half inch pieces for a chunky dip. Finely chop the onion, jalapeños, garlic and cilantro. Add lime juice, cider vinegar and salt; toss well. Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes or longer.
Great to make a day ahead.