Totally simple to toss together and a great make-ahead recipe when you know you have a busy week ahead of you. This corn salad is zesty with a tinge of sweet. It gets better and better the longer it's stored in the refrigerator.
HERE'S ALL IT TAKES
- 2 cups frozen sweet corn, simmered in water for 5 minutes, drained
- 3/4 cup celery, diced
- 1/4 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup pimiento or red bell pepper, diced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons yellow onion, minced
Toss the vegetables in a medium bowl with a lid, using either of the following dressing recipes. Chill. Makes 6 servings.
With these vegetables as your foundation, you could use a Simple French Dressing Recipe to moisten the salad. Or try the following:
zesty & sweet dressing
- 4 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons salad oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- pinch of salt & pepper
In small saucepan over medium heat, bring dressing ingredients to a boil. Pour dressing over vegetables and toss to coat evenly. Marinade in the fridge 4 hours or overnight.
This recipe can easily be doubled.