Spinach Tabouleh salad is what happens when I get a craving for my favorite ingredients all at the same time. I'm a HUGE spinach eater. Blanched, baked or fresh, I'll eat spinach anyway, anyday. I'm also a big fan of mushrooms. In much the same way, I will eat them anyway they can be cooked.
HERE'S WHAT I THREW TOGETHER
- 2 cups fresh spinach, washed and torn into bite size pieces
- 1/2 cup white button mushrooms, cleaned and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup prepared couscous
- salt and ground black pepper
- drizzle with your favorite salad oil (I dig flaxseed oil)
Toss all the goodies in a medium bowl. You're ready for a light lunch or healthy afternoon snack to tie you over until dinner.
If you like making tabouleh, what recipes do you suggest I try? Got any that will win over a couple of picky eaters? I'd like to know about them. I don't mind eating alone, but it's more fun to share.