When I have NO TIME to cook, I still cook, only faster. I ALWAYS have canned beans in the pantry to pull off super quick meals. Black beans are our favorite rush hour staple. They're so versatile for soups, salads, burritos, quesadillas, nachos, and stir-fry meals.
HERE'S ALL IT TAKES
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans black beans
- 1 large yellow onion, roughly chopped
- 1 large bell pepper, roughly chopped
- 4 to 6 white button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 3 to 4 cups cooked brown rice
- avocado, seeded and chopped
- tomato, chopped
Mash beans to a lumpy consistency. Heat in a medium sauce pan over medium heat.
In a medium skillet, heat 1/4 cup water over medium-high heat. Saute onion, bell pepper, and mushrooms until tender. Add chili powder and cumin to vegetables and toss until well coated, cook for 1 minute.
Serve beans over cooked rice, topped with sautéed vegetables, avocado, and tomato.