Sometimes we just need a little inspiration to get us running in the right direction. The sun-gold tomatoes and avocado on the counter were calling me, "Eat us! We're SO GOOD for you!" I obeyed the fruits and made two BIG green salads for me and Charlie.
HERE'S ALL IT TAKES
enough for 2 BIG salads
- 2 cups cooked pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 small head green leafy lettuce, torn into bite size pieces
- 1 small yellow bell pepper, roughly chopped
- 4 white button mushrooms, sliced
- 4 slices from a yellow onion
- 1 1/2 cups mixed sprouts (I like chickpea, lentil & sunflower)
- 1 cup sun-gold tomatoes or any sweet cherry type tomato
- 1 large avocado, cut into slices
Divide fruits and veggies evenly among two big plates. Serve with your favorite healthy dressing drizzled on top.