You can eat them in a house with a mouse, in a box with a fox, with a bunch for brunch, or just for supper. Anytime. Anywhere. Potato and cauliflower burritos will squash hunger and leave you and yours feeling happy. These burritos are the vegan answer to scramble eggs & potato wraps.
HERE'S ALL IT TAKES
Serves 6 burritos
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 4 small (2 1/2-inch dia.) red potatoes, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon dried Mexican oregano
- 3 cups small cauliflower florets
- 1/2 cup diced spicy tomatoes, drained
- 1 cup fried chorizo seitan (optional)
- 1 avocado, cut into cubes (optional)
- 6 flour tortillas, (8-inch) warmed
Place onion, potatoes and oregano in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add just enough water to half cover the potatoes; bring water to a boil; cover with a lid; cook for 10 to 15 minutes. Check the potatoes to be fork tender.
Stir in cauliflower florets and spicy tomatoes. If pan is dry, add 1/2 cup water to help steam the cauliflower. Cover and continue to cook another 5 to 10 minutes, until cauliflower and potato are tender.
Divide vegetables among the tortillas, top with chorizo seitan or avocado. Roll'em up and chow down.