Strawberry smoothies aren't always the sweetest or have that creamy malt texture I expect. My go-to remedy is to add one or two cold or frozen bananas. The addition of ground flaxseed doubles the protein, dietary fiber, calcium and iron. For those watching their fat intake for their hearts, leave out the flaxseed. Substitute non-dairy milk for water and throw in an extra banana.
Creamy Strawberry Smoothie
By June 29, 2012Published:
- Yield: 64 ounces (5 Servings)
- Prep: 10 mins
Strawberry smoothies aren't always the sweetest or have that creamy malt texture I expect. My go-to remedy is to add one or two …
- 2 cups strawberries frozen
- 2 medium banana cold or frozen
- 3 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 2 cups unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 1 1/2 cups water
- Blend on high in a drink mixer for 20 seconds until super smooth.
- Add enough water to thin the consistency enough to slurp it through a straw.