Chocolate is a real treat for me. I'm careful not to be a glutton. I take serious thought as to how I'm going to indulge myself without creating an extra bulge around myself. Here lately, I've taken a fancy to sipping on dark chocolate almond milk as an after dinner dessert. This morning, I decided to add it to my morning smoothie. I tucked a couple of cups of fresh baby spinach in the pitcher just for good measure. The kids never even noticed the spinach.
Chocolate Almond Fruit Smoothie
By July 21, 2012Published:
- Yield: 48 ounces (4 Servings)
- Prep: 10 mins
Chocolate is a real treat for me. I'm careful not to be a glutton. I take serious thought as to how I'm going to indulge myself …
- 2 large banana frozen
- 2 cups spinach fresh
- 1 cup strawberries frozen
- 3 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 2 cups unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 1 cup chocolate almond milk
- 1 cup water
- Blend in an electric drink mixer on high speed for at least 20 seconds. If the mixture becomes too think, add more water.
- Divide evenly among four glasses.