I've got a new cabbage slaw recipe here that is AWESOOME !!! Perfect for you folks that are reducing your sodium intake. Instead of using regular salt, I drizzled Bragg Liquid Aminos into the salad. This gave it all the saltiness I needed to balance with the sweet vinegar dressing, but it also added a smoky flavor that was totally unique. My husband LOVED it. So, did I. I had to make two batches this last week. I made the mistake of not making enough the first time.
We enjoyed our smoky slaw on the side at dinner, and wrapped in toasted tortillas with barbecue. I won't tell you what I barbecued. You might think I've slipped off my cracker.
HERE'S ALL IT TAKES
Makes about 4 cups
- 2 1/2 cups ( 70 g)savoy cabbage, finely chopped
- 1 cup ( 89 g)purple cabbage, finely chopped
- 1 cup ( 128 g)carrot, grated
- 1/4 cup (12 g) raw sunflower seeds
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup (60 g) white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons raw sugar
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed oil
- 2 teaspoons Bragg Liquid Aminos
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
Toss all the chopped cabbage, carrot, seeds, and onion together in a medium bowl.
Warm vinegar and sugar, either in the microwave for 30 seconds, or in a small pan over medium heat. Heat the vinegar enough to dissolve the sugar. Pour over salad and toss.
Add oil, liquid aminos and pepper. Toss one last time. Set aside to eat at room temperature or chill it and eat it later.