Yep, these tofu snacks look weird. I won't argue with you there. Every time I've gone to publish a recipe to SDR, I look at these photos and think, "Not this one, every one will think I've gone off my rocker." I admit it. I've been too scared to publish this recipe. It's not like any other I typically post. Heck, I didn't even come up with it on my own. I got it from Dr. Joel Fuhrman's book, Disease Proof Your Child.
The reason I'm finally posting the recipe is because my son asked me to make them, again. He REALLY likes them. He says they remind him of eating pepperoni slices.
Chewy Tofu Snacks
By October 5, 2012Published:
- Yield: 10 slices (5 Servings)
- Prep: 5 mins
- Cook: 2 hrs 0 min
- Ready In: 2 hrs 5 mins
Yep, these tofu snacks look weird. I won't argue with you there. Every time I've gone to publish a recipe to SDR, I …
- 1/2 pound extra firm tofu drained and squeezed dry
- 1 cup tomato sauce unsalted
- Preheat oven to 250° F.
- Cut the tofu into 1/8 inch slices and lay on a wire rack.
- Spoon tomato sauce thickly over each slice.
- Bake for 2 hours.