I devoured a Mexican Stack salad for lunch. It has an odd combination of ingredients, but MAN, IT IS GOOD! The Mexican Stack Salad is perfect for pot luck gatherings. If you have enough guests attending, each person picks one or two ingredients to bring to the meal.
HERE'S ALL YOU NEED FOR THIS TASTY SALAD
- 2 pounds cooked ground beef with taco seasoning
- 2 pounds cooked ground beef with taco seasoning (Yes, I wrote that twice.)
- 2 pounds rice, cooked
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- 1 box golden raisins, or dried cranberries
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- 2 cups coconut
- 1 bunch green onions, finely chopped
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 carton sour cream
- 1 jar your favorite mild salsa
- Large bag Fritos corn chips
This will easily feed a crowd of 20. It's a great combination of flavors. The trick is to convince everyone to put every ingredient on their stack.
I personally love the coconut, taco meat, Fritos, and cranberries together. Doesn't that sound strange? But I'm telling you straight up, it's soooo good!