LAURA’S CORN SALAD RECIPE
Makes 3 cups
- 3 cups frozen whole kernel corn
- 1/2 cup frozen chopped green or red bell pepper or green peas
- 1/4 cup frozen chopped onion
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise or 1/4 cup mayonnaise and 1/4 cup yogurt
- 2 tablespoons sweet relish
- 1 tablespoon distilled white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- ? teaspoon black pepper
- Optional: cut cooked green beans, diced radishes, diced cucumber, red pepper flakes
Substitute frozen vegetables for fresh or canned and skip number 1.
1. Cook corn, green pepper and onion in covered saucepan over medium heat for 5
minutes. No water is necessary. Stir frequently, drain well.
2. Combine mayonnaise, yogurt (if using), relish, vinegar, basil, salt and pepper.
Stir into vegetables.
3. Chill 2 hours before serving.